How to choose a reliable service provider
Updated: Apr 23, 2019
Welcome to the KM Business Hub website.
Here you will get a glimpse into the world of print and telecoms and learn how the passionate individuals at the steer of KMBH walk the extra mile to ensure that our clients are always equipped with the correct office solutions for their diverse companies.
This week our focus is on companies and individuals in the print and telecoms industry whose only objective is to lead their clients astray with short sighted and often very costly office solutions, only to fill their own pockets.
At KMBH we know that it takes years to build up a great reputation and only minutes to destroy it. We have built our reputation with honesty, integrity and a promise to always have our clients’ best interests at heart.
That is why it is our passion to equip small and big companies alike with the knowledge to never be led astray by these charlatans.
Frank de Afonseca, sales director at KMBH, passionately leads his team with these core company values at the forefront of each day.
“With all my years in the print and telecoms industry I have seen many companies and individuals who are only out to milk their customers for every cent they have. You will unfortunately find these rotten apples in every industry, but it angers me that they have damaged my industry’s name with their greed and dishonesty,” says De Afonseca.
“I have seen how these thieves work first hand. When I visit a client for the first time, I always ask to view their old service contracts with the previous service provider. Many a client have been shocked when I explained to them how they have been lied to. In many cases I have been able to ensure customers a monthly saving of up to 40%! Just imagine how those funds could have been used to the advantage of their companies. This saving over a period of 3 to 5 years ads up to huge sums of money!” explains De Afonseca.
That is why it is his passion to equip small and big companies alike with the knowledge to never be led astray.
De Afonseca's top tips in choosing a service provider is as follows:
1. Do your homework. Get more than one quotation from different service providers and then compare the pricing with the product and service you will be receiving.
2. Clients must not allow service providers who compiled quotations the opportunity to go back and re-adjust their pricing. By doing this, clients will find out who is looking at the best interests of their business.
3. If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. ALWAYS read the fine print on the service contract and ask the sales representative to explain the costs in detail.
4. The cheapest option is also not always the best option. Compare the quality of the different machines and systems. Make sure that the hardware rental amounts are clearly specified on either 0% or 15% per annum escalation. Clients also need to make sure of cancellation periods before the contracts end. Is it 30 days, 60 days or 90 days for notice to cancel contracts?
5. Ensure that it is the correct solution for your growing company. You do not want to replace everything in a years’ time because it is no longer sufficient to the needs of your company.
6. Choose a solid service provider with excellent financial backing (good consumable stock and parts on hand for the duration of the contract). A good technical support structure is also important.
7. Clients must be wary of “creative” service agreements. Take notice of the amount of times per year your service agreement escalates and by how much percentage. Also look at what coverage mono and colour cost per copy charges are quoted at. Make sure there is no minimum billing on your service agreements.
8. Ensure that the cost per copy charges includes everything (all parts and all consumables, except paper).
9. Enquire about service delivery turnaround times. How quick can your chosen service provider respond to errors on a device?
10. Demand a separate letter from the chosen service provider stating that the device sold to you is in line with market related pricing and includes guaranteed effective backup service.
Feel free to contact the experts at KMBH for any unbiased advice.
54 views0 comments